Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hello, and Welcome...

This is my first blog and my first installment of Cheese N' Sweets - a blog dedicated to the foundation of what has become my career...the management of fermented milk products and promoting of sugar based concoctions. I finally feel compelled to share my adventures while exploring these two worlds, as I have already discovered many intriguing, wonderful bits of knowledge, know how, and tastyness. Who knew that moldy rye breadcrumbs would create decadent, creamy blue snack? Or that the smell of rotting feet tastes like fresh honey-buttered sourdough bread? What is it about the cupcake - an adolescent treat reserved for classroom birthdays - that has made it so ridiculously hip and fashionable? And why am I so freakishly addicted to rose flavored French macaroons!?!

By no means do I consider myself a cheesemonger or a pastry chef, but I love learning new things from those who are, and passing them along to whoever is willing to listen. So, if you'd like my two cents, or wish to offer your own, welcome! It's going to be delicious...most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment